Warning: this list will probably make you laugh out loud if you are new to alkalising, but I swear on erm…Tottenham’s chances of qualifying for the Champions League (it is a big deal) – that the longer you alkalise the more these foods WILL feel like a treat to you.
It is a well known phenomenon that as you start alkalising your body, your tastes adjust. Personally, I literally cannot stand the thought of drinking a can of Coke now – so sugary sweet! On the flip-side of this, you begin to get more of a sweet sensation from subtle flavours such as peppers and carrots, which can only be a good thing.
So – here are my top 5 alkalising snacks:
- Active Greens Organic Green Bars: AT LAST! A tasty, healthy, alkaline snack bar! We’ve been waiting YEARS for something like this to come along and at last our prayers have been answered. It’s a 100% raw, 100% organic, gluten free snack that contains no artificial ingredients or sugars.
This vegetable-based bar is surprisingly delicious. It is bursting with live goodness and is cold pressed, which means it contains heaps of easily digestible enzymes and live nutrients. But look, I don’t need to go on quite so much about just how healthy these bars are – the most important point is that they taste absolutely fantastic – they are a legitimate, tasty, healthy snack!
No more wondering what to snack on or going hungry when you’re on the go!
- Dr Martin’s Coco JuiceThis drink is like a snack in a pouch! Made only from organic, young green coconut water, Dr Martin’s Coco Juice is a nutritional powerhouse that replenishes, alkalises and keeps you going! It can be used either as a natural isotonic energy drink, perfect as a sports energy drink or general everyday booster or as a wonderfully alkaline base to smoothies, juices and more!
Rich in bioavailble vitamins, minerals, amino acids and living enzymes, Dr Martins Organic Yound Green Coconut Water is naturally low in calories, virtually fat free and cholesterol free. And it tastes awesome. And it reminds me of happy days.
- Almonds: packed full of protein, fibre, calcium, magnesium, potassium (yes, 3 of the 4 most alkaline minerals) vitamin E and other antioxidants and phytochemicals – and unsaturated fat. If possible, remember to soak your almonds overnight in order to increase the potential for the body to digest the nutrients and goodness
- Sprouts: these are one of the most alkalising, nutritious and easily accessible foods know to man. Being rich in vitamins, minerals, proteins and enzymes, they can be grown easily in four to six days and require no effort and very little cost. Crunchy, raw and delicious!
- Raw Carrot: shredded, sticks, chunks or just peeled – carrot offers a sweet, water-rich, nutrient dense snack that is packed full of vitamin A, C, K and B1, B3 and B6, fibre, magnesium, potassium and folate. Bonza
- Seed Mix: get a mixture of pumpkin, sesame, sunflower and flax. This will give you a filling snack, plus a range of minerals, proteins and essential fatty acids. What more could you ask for?
- Raw Soups: make yourself a giant batch and then eat/drink as much as you like, whenever you are hungry, tired or bored! The raw alkalising soups will give your body a HUGE boost of nutrients in a form that the body can easily assimilate, meaning that it will require absolutely no energy to digest. This is a real body booster.
So snack away! I really hope that this helps and gives you some ideas. If you have got a healthy & alkaline snack idea – let me know in the comments below!