The Energise for Life Collection of Essential Life Tools
Maximise Your Life & Accelerate Your Goals
This is the ultimate collection of life tools, brought to you by Energise for Life. This is my (Ross) personal collection, based upon my experience, contacts, ideas, inspirations and learnings over the past 10 years. It will be added to and will continue to grow as I learn more and more.
This list is a collection of anything and everything that has benefitted my life and I feel will benefit yours. Tony Robbins talks a lot about modelling the best people in each specific area of development to supercharge and speed your achievement and this could be an awesome starting place for you.
For instance, if you want to learn how to grow tomatoes (!) if you find out as much as you can from the best tomato grower in the world then you’re going to make a great start. If you model exactly what he or she does then you’re onto a winner.
This is almost a personal bookmark list for myself, but I recognised that others might benefit from knowing about these tools, articles, websites, audio programs, books etc. so here goes:
The Energise Collection of Essential Life Tools
There are a LOT of personal development resources out there, but these have fast tracked my success more than any others in the most efficient way. And in my mind, that is what it is all about!
- Anthony Robbins: Get the Edge (audio)
- Anthony Robbins: Date with Destiny (Live Event)
- Steve Pavlina: Personal Development for Smart People (book)
- Steve Pavlina: Steve’s Blog – updated almost daily! (blog)
- Anthony Robbins Forum – very busy forum full of very helpful people all journalling and charting their goals, achievements and paths to success. A great place to learn and be supported.
- How to Set Goals You Will Actually Achieve (article)
- Keep Your Goals In Front Of You (article)
- The Energise Basic Goal Setting Workshop (article)
- How to Set Goals (article)
- How to Discover Your Life Purpose in About 20 Minutes (article)
Becoming Healthy, Vibrant and Energetic
- The Energise Alkaline Lifestyle Course (online course)
- Anthony Robbins: Living Health (audio program)
- Dr Robert Young: The pH Miracle (book)
- Dr Robert Young: i-Motion, The pH Miracle (DVDs)
- Dr Robert Young: The pH Miracle for Cancer (CD set)
- Video Interview with Dr Robert Young (video)
- Alkaline Diet Recipes (articles)
- 12 Reasons to Stay Alkaline (article)
- The Energise Philosophy on Being Healthy (and treating yourself) (article)
- Top 10 Alkaline Diet Questions Answered (article)
- Diary of an Alkaline Cleanse
In a world where there is so much confusion, contradiction and lets face it – no real one size fits all approach, I find that the below links and articles have helped me to wade through the crap and work out what is right for me. And while this is still very much an ongoing project for me, I definitely feel I am heading in the right direction.
- Tom Venuto: Burn the Fat, Feed the Muscle (eBook)
- Articles at Vegan BodyBuilding.com
- Mike Nash: Aggressive Health
- Interview with Scott Brady (article)
Running & Cardio Fitness
In my mind there are two types of cardio training that matter – longer distance/slow burn running and high intensity interval training. Both have their place and I use them both to great effect. These are the two very best resources of found on these subjects:
Going 100% raw is certainly not a necessity in my mind, but upping the intake of your raw food to make it 50% of your diet will give you more energy, strength, vitality and will speed your route to wellness like nothing else. These are my favourite raw-foodists!
- Karen Knowler’s The Raw Food Coach (website)
- Karen’s 7 Day Beginners Guide to Going Raw (pdf)
- Raw Food Support Forum (message board)
- Shazzie’s Raw Food World (site)
In a world of a million supplements and superfoods these are my top-picks. Cutting to the chase, if I could only have four supplements – this is what I would choose.
- Green Drink: Doc Broc Greens
- pH Drops: PuripHy
- Alkaline Mineral Salts: pHour Salts
- Omega Oils: Udo’s Choice
- And if you want to stop cravings for snacks, sugar, chocolate…even tobacco: Dr Young’s pHlavor Spray
- And here is an interview with Dr Young explaining pHlavor.
Correctly managing and maximising the effectiveness of our waking hours is perhaps the single most important thing we can do. When we’re inefficient in how we spend our time our effectivness plummets. These three tools have transformed my life in every way, from my working day to my leisure time to my goals and my achievements. Without Tim’s book I wouldn’t be writing this blog right now – I’d still be working for someone else doing something I didn’t really care about.
- Tim Ferriss: The 4 Hour Work Week (book) & Tim Ferriss’s Blog
- The Power of Less (book) & Leo Babuata’s Blog
- Anthony Robbins: The Time of Your Life (audio)
Learning a New Language
I have not ever come across a learning system as effective as Michel Thomas’s for learning a new language. In these 8 hour CD courses you literally can go from nothing to being extremely competent. It will honestly blow your mind.
- Michel Thomas: Spanish (audio)
- Michel Thomas: French (audio)
- Michel Thomas: German (audio)
- Michel Thomas: Italian (audio)
Increasing the speed you can read will dramatically increase your learning speed. This could be one of the best investments you’ll ever make.
- Paul Scheele: Photoreading Starter Booklet & Video
- Paul Scheele: The Full Photoreading Course
Learning the Guitar
These three tools have taken me from OK player to very good player in no time at all. You can start from absolute beginner and advance to above average very, very quickly with these tools.
- Heath Nicholson – The Guitar Minute (videos)
- Heath Nicholson – RiffMaster Pro (software) – import and slow down any song, riff etc so that you can learn to play it!
- Richard Deyn – Easy Guitar Method – teaches you to be awesome at the guitar in just 28 days!
How To Get Up Early!
Imagine what you could do with an extra 2 hours each morning…
- Steve Pavlina: How to Become An Early Riser (article)
- Energise: 10 Secrets to Getting Up Early (article)
Search Engine Optimisation
SEO is the backbone of any good website, whether it is your personal blog or business. Here are my favourite sites and tools. Take the time to read Rand Fishkin’s Beginners Guide to SEO. If you have a website it will be the most valuable 15 minutes of your career to date.
- SEOMoz: Beginners Guide to SEO
Blogs To Follow:
- SEO Book – run by Aaron Wall, one of the best SEO’s out there
- SEOMoz – run by Rand Fishkin, very authoritive and a nice guy
- Bill Slawski’s SEO by the Sea -> Bill is THE authority on search engine algorithms and information retrieval in general – very interesting
- Jim Boykin’s Blog -> good for link building and some general comment – he doesn’t post often but its usually good stuff when he does
- Matt Cutts -> Google Engineer often talks about SEO and the do’s and don’ts
- StuntDubl -> Todd Malicoat – talks about usability and general marketing too
- ShoeMoney -> Jeremy Schoemaker more PPC and money making than SEO but good for your other moneymaking schemes and dreams
- Search Engine Watch Blog – good news roundup, its vital to keep on top of new algorithm developments as they happen
- Graywolf -> Michael Gray – good general SEO blog, often funny reading
Forums (try to keep in and around a few – you learn a lot, can ask questions and get loadsa support)
- Cre8asite Forums – very friendly, and the website hospital is useful
- Digital Point – a bit more obnoxious but good to read and learn
- SEO Refugee – a bit more entry level at times so maybe another good read
- Big Red Fez – Seth Godin’s book on website usability, an oldie but still valid today
- Winning Results with Google Adwords – Andrew Goodman, widely accepted as the best book on SEM
- SEO Book – Aaron Wall’s eBook – buy it and read it 3 times a year (note – no longer available – now a subscription course…so SUBSCRIBE!)
Generally books on SEO are outdated by the time they are published so just stick with SEO Book as Aaron updates it regularly and sends you the new version.
Link Building (99% of the game):
- Andy Hagans – ultimate guide to link baiting
- Darren Rowse – what is link bait?
- Andy Hagans – jump start your link building
- Mike Grehan – filthy linking rich – really interesting read from October 04
- SEW – link building strategies
- Aaron Wall – link bait examples
Blogging & Entrepreneurship
Blogging is the platform for sharing, promoting, communicating and building a network. In my opinion. It is also easy, regardless of how intimidating it might seem to you right now. Blogging is also an amazing commercial opportunity and these are my top picks for becoming a blogger and releasing your inner entrepreneur!
- Problogger – The Ultimate Site for Bloggers
- Problogger: 31 Days to Building a Better Blog
- 10 Reasons Why You Should Never Get a Job (article)
- How to Make Money from Your Blog (article)
- Mindtools Creativity & Brainstorming Tools
- Getting your Website User Tested
That is all for now
This list will continue to grow as I continue to come across useful and life-changing tools, articles, books etc
If you have any suggestions, put them in the comments below!
Do You Want to Turn Your Health Around in Just 7 Days for Just $1.99?
If you love the look of this guide and the benefits it will bring, check out my book The Alkaline Reset Cleanse. It's a gentle, enjoyable seven-day Cleanse that will completely transform your health and life. Abundant energy, dramatic weight loss, digestion healed, inflammation gone...these are all results my students have experienced from doing their Alkaline Reset Cleanse...
LIMITED TIME OFFER: The Alkaline Reset Cleanse Book is Just $1.99 (Kindle/eReader) -- Click to order now and get over $120+ of extra alkaline training from me!
Real Results from the Alkaline Reset Cleanse Book: