The Easy Way to Set Your Body Up to Melt Fat All Day Long!
This is the perfect weight loss breakfast that is quick, delicious, and super-alkaline.
Listen, if you’re looking to lose weight, I want you to FORGET CALORIES. Calories are a fine measure for a lot of things, but really, they’re a far too simplistic, inaccurate, arbitrary measure for losing weight.
When you lose weight by calorie restricting you not only have a horrible, deprived, hungry, hangry, moody life…but you’re also setting yourself up for the type of weight loss that is scientifically proven to fail…and to bounce back (with interest).
[See Also: the Simple Weight Loss Equation]
If you are carrying excess weight, you will have your own unique set of circumstances that is causing your body to want to hang on to fat, create new fat cells, and refuse to shift them.
I want you to know this right away: eating fat does not make you fat. Indirectly, eating sugar, gluten, and acidic, processed foods will make you fat – but the fat will not. The fat we consume doesn’t just get ‘stuck’ on our body. Our body generates fat as a response to certain conditions within the body – which are accelerated by the foods I just mentioned.
When you eat an acidic, inflammatory, oxidative-stress-causing diet, live a lifestyle of poor sleep, high stress, and little exercise you create the conditions in your body that are perfect for weight gain and hold.
And for the vast majority of people, the body’s desire to create and hold fat is down to:
- Hormonal imbalance (cortisol, insulin, leptin, ghrelin, adoponectin and more)
- Digestive system imbalance
- Excess acidity
- Adrenal & thyroid imbalance (closely related to inflammation, acidity and hormonal imbalance, of course)
- Liver stress
- Immune system imbalance
By restricting calories, we’re focusing on just one piece of the puzzle…and that piece isn’t even in this puzzle! I totally get calorie measurement for athletes and strength/conditioning/competition lifters, but for someone who is simply looking to shed fat, it’s irrelevant.
When you focus on the above factors – which are all hit by eating an alkaline, anti-inflammatory, anti-oxidant rich diet (like I teach) – you give your body the tools to rebalance and rebuild, you give it what it needs to address the imbalances that are prompting it to create new fat cells and hold onto fat at all costs.
In short: when you nourish your body to rebalance, the weight will just fall away (and your energy will skyrocket).
And this little alkaline breakfast is a huge help, because:
- It is alkaline-forming, and anti-inflammatory – helping to negate excess acidity in your system first thing in the morning, and reduce inflammation
- It is a protein-rich, fiber-rich, fat-rich start to the day which will assist with balancing your hormones early in the morning (this is critical for weight loss, I’ll explain more in another guide)
- The healthy fats also help heal the pancreas, thyroid, and adrenals that are essential for the optimal weight for a myriad of reasons, but quickly: pancreas – controls blood sugar/insulin interaction; thyroid – controls metabolism; adrenals – controls/regulates cortisol – all critical
- The psyllium husks help to clear and rebalance the digestive system, particularly the small intestines
- The coconut oil destroys candida – a leading contributor to weight gain (and fatigue)
Need I go on?!
It’s also, as with all of my recipes, really quick and easy to make!
Remember – everything I teach is ALWAYS about making it as simple, effortless, delicious, and easy for you as possible.
So let’s get into it:
The Perfect Weight Loss Breakfast Oats
1 cup oats
1/2 cup quinoa
2 dessert spoons of coconut oil
Coconut milk to taste
1 tsp cinnamon
A small handful of almonds
Pinch of psyllium husks per person
Optional: a spoon of almond butter to go on top 🙂
1) Start by cooking the quinoa by putting the 1/2 cup of quinoa into a pan with 1 cup of water, bring this to the boil and then simmer until the water is almost all evaporated.
2) Once it is almost cooked, add the cup of oats with 1.5 cups of water and simmer until the oats are also soft. Add more water if needed.
3) While this is simmering, smash or slice the almonds and add these to the pan
4) Once the oats and quinoa are cooked, remove from the heat, stir in the pinch of husks, the cinnamon, and the coconut oil, and then coconut milk (or almond milk if you prefer) to taste.
5) Serve with another splash of the milk if required, and feel free to sweeten a touch with rice malt syrup if needed.
Enjoy – this is such a delicious, simple oaty bowl that is the PERFECT weight loss breakfast for balancing your body and giving it the exact tools it needs to release the excess fat, giving you deliciousness and the body you deserve!