This is a really simple and tasty recipe, and is especially useful if you are transitioning away from bread or onto a gluten-free diet.
It is a great one to have in summer or winter with soups, stews or just with some avocado and tomato!
1 small pumpkin
300g gluten-free flour
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp of italian seasoning
2 tbsp of oil (udo’s choice, hemp oil, flax oil etc)
50-75ml of water
Preparation Time: 30 minutes
Cooking Time: 2 hours
1. First and foremost, the oven must be preheated to 200C (or gas mark 6). Once this has preheated, put the entire pumpkin onto a baking tray and bake for at least 40-50 minutes or until the pumpkin has become quite soft.
2. Cool the pumpkin (still on the tray) for at least half and hour.
3. Remove the skin from the pumpkin, cut out the stalk and remove the seeds.
4. Mash the pumpkin well, and then stir in the remaining ingredients.
5. Next, put the pumpkin onto a floured surface and knead until the mixture becomes sponge-like. If it feels too sticky, add a little more water.
6. Shape the mixture into a circular loaf shape and place on a lightly oiled baking tray. Make a pattern in the top of the loaf such as a cross.
7. Bake for 30-40 minutes or until done (you can tell by tapping the base of the loaf – if it sounds hollow, it is ready).