Nutrient dense, it’s creamy, crunchy, colourful and so filling!
Give this a try – you will never have gluten in your lunch again!
This is part of my guide on The 3 Food Swaps to Heal Your Gut and it is perfect for this. It contains no sugar (often found in wraps and in dressings), wheat (the wraps are made from greens!) or processed meats – the three chief contributors to gut damage, inflammation and acidity.
- 4 large Collard Leaves (depending on gaps you may need a couple more)
- 1/2 cup Sprouts (any you like)
- 1/2 cup Purple Cabbage, shredded or carrots
- 1/2 cup Beetroot, either cooked and mashed or raw sliced very finely
- 1 cup Quinoa
- 1 cup Hummus
- 1 cup Avocado
- First, get the quinoa cooking - put the cup of quinoa into a pan with 2 cups of cold water, bring to the boil and then simmer on a really low heat until the water is evaporated and the quinoa is fluffy
- Next get the wraps going by prepping out the collard leaves, cut from the plant, washed and laid out like a regular wrap
- Next spread the hummous equally over each leaf - the hummous acts like a glue for the ingredients!
- Slice and lay out the avocado in a line from top to bottom down the middle of the leaf
- Add the quinoa equally between the leaves and then fill with the remaining ingredients
- Next wrap by folding at the bottom (to stop everything falling out) and then rolling into a regular wrap shape!
- You can also use a toothpick to hold in place. This yields 4 wraps, so if it's just you eating, put the others in the fridge for tomorrow!