Alkaline Recipe: Cauliflower ‘Buffalo Wings’
- Prep Time: 45
- Cook Time: 45
- Total Time: 90
- 1 head of cauliflower, chopped or snapped down into bite-sized pieces
- 1 cup of chickpea (garbanzo) flour
- 1 cup of water
- 1 tsp of garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of Himalayan salt (finely ground)
- Firstly, get the oven heated to 230 degrees (450f).
- Now in a bowl, mix together the flour, water, garlic powder and salt and whisk this until it is like a smooth batter.
- Toss through the cauliflower and then bake for around 15-20 minutes, giving a shuffle around half way through.
If you’re making your own barbeque sauce as per the ingredients above, this is what you’ll do while the cauliflower is cooking
- Warm the coconut oil in a pan over low heat and then add the onion, garlic, coriander, cumin, allspice and cayenne.
- Cook these together for about four to five minutes and then add the lemon juice.
- After another minute or so add the tomato sauce, mustard and Worcestershire sauce and 250ml of water.
- Turn up the heat to a medium level and season with fresh Himalayan salt and black pepper and once it’s almost boiling, reduce the heat again and simmer for 10-15 minutes.
- Once it has thickened, allow it to cool a little and then blend smooth.
- Et voila.
If you’re doing it the quicker way
- Simply melt the coconut oil or butter together with the hot sauce and stir!
- Once the cauliflower has been in for 15 minutes…
- Remove it from the oven, and toss in your sauce to coat each piece.
- Now place it back in the oven and cook for another 20 minutes or until it’s got your desired level of crispyness!