OK, this one is outrageous. You are going to LOVE this. I would go as far as to say it’s possibly the most loved recipe I have EVER shared with my private clients in the Alkaline Base Camp.
This is my Alkaline Salted Caramel Slice!
It is PERFECT right now, with Christmas approaching, to take to parties and share with family and friends.
And it is SO quick and simple, contains loads of delicious healthy fats, protein and very, very little sugar per serve – yet it is SO full of flavor and deliciously moreish.
Here’s what Timea, one of my long-term members in my inner-circle coaching membership (The Alkaline Base Camp) had to say:
Let’s get stuck into it:
Ross’ Alkaline Salted Caramel Slice
Makes 12 Slices
1.5 cups of shredded coconut
6 soft Medjool dates
A pinch of cinnamon
1/2 cup coconut cream
3 Medjool dates
2 tbsp coconut syrup
A pinch of Himalayan salt (or any natural / sea salt)
1 tbsp coconut oil
1/2 cup tahini
a few drops of vanilla essence
3 tbsp coconut oil
1 tbsp cacao powder
a few drops of vanilla
1 tbsp coconut syrup
- Start by blending the base ingredients together until they look like a regular ‘biscuit base’ then add these to a baking tin (regular round one or a rectangle one – whichever you have)
- Next blend the layer one ingredients and add this on top of the base.
- Now make layer two by, you guessed it, blending these ingredients together and add these on top!
- If you are going to eat all of them between yourself, family, guests, etc these within a couple of days, put straight into the fridge. However, if you are planning on having them slowly over a week or two, cover and put in the freezer as sliced, individual serves.
- You can remove them and enjoy within just 10-15 minutes of taking them out of the freezer.
And that’s all there is to it! Takes so little time, can be made at the last minute and it needs only 9 ingredients!
Stay Tuned: Full Christmas Day Menu Coming Over the Next Five Days!
Keep an eye out on your emails as I’ll be sending you my full Alkaline Christmas Day Menu over the next few days: Appetizer – Starter – Soup – Main and today’s recipe – Dessert!
Any questions? Ask below 🙂