The Alkaline Diet Q&A’s: Your Alkaline Questions Answered!
Hi all – every day I (Ross) answer somewhere between 10-50 alkaline diet questions that land in my inbox. It’s something I love doing and I recently realised I should be sharing some of the best!
Just like with my massive World’s Biggest Alkaline Diet Webinar™ where I answered over a hundred questions from my subscribers on video – EVERYONE benefitted from the answers.
It was a super-powerful training session, really getting into the nitty gritty of the ‘hands on’ part of getting healthy.
[Q&A Webinar Replay: You can catch the full replay of that Q&A Webinar and leave me your questions there too]
So each week I’ll be posting the best and most relevant alkaline diet Q&A so that all of you can benefit from my answers!
Ionizers, Armour, pH range and Chanson
Can you talk about the Ionizer Armor and whether we would need this piece or not before the prefilters?
How does this unit compare with other units? such as Dr Young’s Water Mark, and Jupiter….In other words, who is your main competitor?
Why is the pH and ionization reading range different (not as strong) on the undercounter unit compared to the counter top unit? (according to Chanson site)
Is it okay (health wise) to run the settings on the highest pH and lowest ionization? Is there extra wear on the unit at these max settings? Also, does the water come out quickly or very slow?
By adding alkaline drops, what is the max pH and ionization that can be achieved? Any point on the settings maxed out where the water starts to become detrimental to one’s health?
Am actually taking a well earned mini-break so just checking emails a couple of times per day.
Here are some patiently-waited-for-answers!
• Ionizer Armor: this is sometimes needed, not always. If it’s not required it’s a nice luxury. Let me explain. The main role of the Ionizer Armor is to protect the ionizer plates from calcium buildup. People who live in hard water areas have a huge amount of calcium in their water and over time this can build up on the ionizer plates, thus reducing the surface area of the ionizer plates and making them less effective.
The Ionizer Armor works not by removing the calcium from the water, but by using magnetic power to dramatically reduce the size of the calcium in the water, so that it passes right through the ionizer without sticking and clumping on the plates.
If you don’t live in a hard water area, it’s still a good level of protection, but more importantly it also increases the ‘micro-clustering’ effect of the water. Basically this means the water is more hydrating to the body. This is not scientifically proven in the mainstream literature, so I don’t talk about it a great deal, but we’ve seen in microscope work enough to suggest it’s very real.
• Comparison of Unit: firstly, let’s address the Watermark quickly. This is not an ionizer. It’s a water filter (that’s not that strong) that simply adds minerals to the water to bump the pH up by about 1. It is not possible physically to ionize without electricity. You don’t get real ORP, the filtration or the range of pH from 3-12 with a Watermark. This is not a direct comparison product, or really a direct competitor. It does about 1/3 of an electric ionizer.
As for other brands of ionizer…I don’t like to make direct comparisons or talk badly of other brands. Largely because I know most of the guys behind those companies (esp. in the UK) and they’re good guys with decent products. I did, in fact, sell Jupiter, Life, Tyent etc until 2010, but after retailing the Chanson (which I took on in about 2009) for six months or so I noticed a few things:
1) the rate of defective units we were seeing come back for repairs WAS about 25% – only 1% of Chansons are ever needing work as defective.
2) the reviews/testimonials from Chanson customers were FAR more frequent and more incredible. The benefits were way bigger and more frequently reported.
3) in my own personal tests, the Chanson, in different waters always outperformed the other brands on pH and ORP.
So I simply sell just Chanson now. They’re a bigger, more professional company (25+ strong R&D team of PhD level engineers speaks for the committment to making great products that Chanson has. No other company even makes their own parts, let alone has an R&D team constantly improving them) – and plus they’re just stronger, more effective units in my experience.
• Different Range of pH on Chanson Site: due to different source waters, Chanson and I can’t make claims based only on our experience and generalise these to be true for everyone. Someone in a hard water area will get a pH from less than 3 to higher than 12 whereas someone in a soft water area will be more like 3-11.5. Which incidentally is still well strong enough to get every benefit.
BUT because the MAX has the Salt Injection, Chanson can state now that EVERY customer will get 3 or less to 12 or higher because even in soft water areas you can just add the Himalayan salt to the chamber and you will definitely get this.
They are identical units in their technology, so don’t let this worry you.
• Water Flow Rate: this is one of the best strengths of the Chanson ionizers. One of the true measures of the quality and power of an ionizer is how fast you can flow the water through and still get pH 9.5. In a more powerful unit you will be able to run the water through quite quickly and still get pH 9.5. This is because the plates are so powerful they don’t need that much contact time with the water.
Whereas if the unit is quite weak then the water has to be at a slow flow to give the plates plenty of time with the water.
With most ionizers, you need to have the flow rate at around 1 litre per minute to get pH 9.5, but with the Chanson you can have it at around 2.5 or 3 litres per minute and get the pH 9.5.
Again, the Chanson is just a very powerful little unit!
• Adding pH Drops: this is not needed. You shouldn’t drink above pH 9.5 and the ionizer gives you this. If you have an ionizer you don’t need any other products to alkalise the water.
I hope this helps!
[Note: This blog is only my opinion. It is not medical advice or diagnosis. Only opinions based upon our own personal experiences or information detailed in medical/academic journals or other publications is cited. WE DO NOT OFFER MEDICAL ADVICE or prescribe any treatments. Please consult with a medical professional before making any diet or nutrition changes. Refer to our full disclaimer for more information.]
Do You Want to Turn Your Health Around in Just 7 Days for Just $1.99?
If you love the look of this guide and the benefits it will bring, check out my book The Alkaline Reset Cleanse. It's a gentle, enjoyable seven-day Cleanse that will completely transform your health and life. Abundant energy, dramatic weight loss, digestion healed, inflammation gone...these are all results my students have experienced from doing their Alkaline Reset Cleanse...
LIMITED TIME OFFER: The Alkaline Reset Cleanse Book is Just $1.99 (Kindle/eReader) -- Click to order now and get over $120+ of extra alkaline training from me!
Real Results from the Alkaline Reset Cleanse Book: