Alkaline Recipe #189: Chia Seed Energy Crackers

chia crackers image
Article by ross

These easy-to-make crackers are my new best friend. It’s simply a combination of chia seeds and other seeds (think pumpkin seeds, sesame seeds, sunflower seeds etc) with water and a little spice for flavouring (cayenne pepper, cumin, chilli or even some crushed garlic) mixed and baked on a low heat.

It makes a delicious, filling, nutrient dense snack that keeps you going for ages. Very moreish too!

The recipe is flexible, but if you use the following this will make about 12 decent sized crackers/shards:

Alkaline Snack Recipe: The Energy Cracker!

Makes 12 crackers

Ingredients

1/2 cup chia seeds
1/2 cup sesame seeds
1/2 cup pumpkin seeds
1/2 cup sunflower seeds
1 clove of crushed garlic
1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
Salt & pepper to taste
1 & 1/4 cups of water

Instructions

Get the oven on at 300ºF. Then simply mix it all together and wait ten minutes for the chia seeds to soak up all of the water. Then using a spatula spread it on a sheet of baking paper on a baking tray. Now, using the spatula divide it into 12 sections and then put into the pre-heated over for half an hour – take it out, flip it and bake for 25 more minutes. It’s done once it’s golden and crackable.

You can eat on it’s own or with avocado, dips like hummous or even as a regular cracker and whatever you’d normally have on a regular cracker

Do You Want to Turn Your Health Around in Just 7 Days?

If you love the look of this guide and the benefits it will bring, check out my book The Alkaline Reset Cleanse. It's a gentle, enjoyable seven-day Cleanse that will completely transform your health and life. Abundant energy, dramatic weight loss, digestion healed, inflammation gone...these are all results my students have experienced from doing their Alkaline Reset Cleanse...

Alkaline Reset Cleanse

Click here to order now and get over $120+ of extra alkaline training from me!

Real Results from the Alkaline Reset Cleanse Book:


Ask Me a Question or Leave a Comment Here - I'd Love to Hear from You

*

  1. Patricia Harris Reply

    I have really been into making crackers for a carry along snack. Some were blan, some were just plain awful. These are my favorite. Thank you for sharing.

  2. Emily Collett Reply

    Hi Ross

    Would this recipe work ok if I wanted to do the crackers in my dehydrator .

    • ross Reply

      Most definitely 🙂

  3. tracybowering Reply

    Hi ross firstly happy new year
    Thankyou so much for the freebys they came just in time for me

    • ross Reply

      My pleasure 🙂

  4. Em Reply

    Hi Ross,
    Great site ~ thank you so much for sharing all this with us!!!

    I am trying to do as much alkaline protein versus acid protein and wondered
    . . . when you write 100 grams of lets say tofu or pumpkin seeds ( btw great to read
    they have sooo much protein)!, so how much is 100 grams ~ is it 3.5 oz.? or 4 oz.?

    Thank you for answering my question and you might want to add the amount to your wonderful
    sharings so theres no question about how much is in 100 grams , as most USA folks don’t deal in grams yet anyway!
    Thank you,
    Emily

  5. Sayre Reply

    Aren’t nutrients destroyed by heating at such a high temperature? I would use a dehydrator at 115 degrees .
    Looking forward to trying this recipe .
    Thanks!

    • ross Reply

      Hi Sayre

      Everything undergoes some form of degradation once removed from it’s natural environment, but convenience and the ability / desire to actually ‘do it’ is also important to me as a coach – and so given only about 0.05% of the population have a dehydrator, I want to make sure the other 99.95% of the population have access to make this amazingly quick and easy recipe.

      Not having snacks that are healthy (or at least not UNhealthy) available is a huge thing, it’s where most people stumble. So I’m happy for this to be more available.

      Absolutely agree that a dehydrator is best, and the ultimate way to do it – but with the method above it’s still a great snack.

      Ross

  6. Margot Reply

    Could I make these in my dehydrator?

  7. Barbara Reply

    These are great with Cumin and Coriander instead of cayenne for a change!

  8. Aubrey Reply

    How long will these keep and do you store them in the fridge or pantry?

    Thanks!

  9. Pingback: 21 Alkaline Recipes to Boost Your Energy - Live Energized

«