Raw, “Lava” Chocolate Bites
Raw, Vegan, “Lava Chocolate Bites”
These are absolutely phenomenal, a real treat! They’re not super-alkaline, of course, but they’re also not particularly acid-forming, as some of the sugars are most certainly offset by the alkaline minerals in the cacao and the healthy fats from the nuts and coconut oil.
They don’t take a huge amount of time to make, but are VERY impressive 🙂
Let’s get into them!
For the bites:
- 1/3 cup oats
- 1/3 cup walnuts
- 2tbsp chia seeds
- 4 medium-sized dates, chopped
- 1/4 cup cacao powder
For the ‘lava’
- 1/3 cup coconut oil
- 1/3 cup rice malt syrup
- 1/3 cup dates, chopped
- 1/3 cup cacao powder
- Pinch of cinnamon
- Pinch of Himalayan sea salt
- Coconut or almond milk, to use as needed (see notes below)
- Start by putting the oats, chia, walnuts and cacao into your food processor or blender, and pulse until it’s all ground down into a kind of rough flour.
- Now add the 4 chopped dates, one at a time until it becomes a bit more sticky.
- Take around 2/3 of the mixture and in a cupcake tin, line the edges to create sides and a bottom and then refrigerate and create the tops by pressing out the remaining 1/3 of the mix into tops that are approx the size of your bases. Put these in the refrigerator too.
- To make the ‘lava’ blend all of the ingredients together, adding the nut milk a little at a time to reach the right consistency. You want it to be quite thick.
- Now pour the lava into your set moulds and then add the ‘lids’ while still in the cupcake tray. Lift each one out carefully and place on your serving plate.
- Serve with coconut yoghurt or as they are!
Can’t wait to try these! Do the leftovers ( if there are any) need to be refrigerated?
It would be nice to see a picture of the finished product.
How do I print the recipe? Please and thanks Seonaid
Thank you Ross for your dedication and hard work bringing so much great information to myself and so many others. The recipes are great. I recently did the alkaline cleanse which was so good. I made most of the soups beforehand, put in the freezer to make the week easier. All worked well.
Awesome Una! Well done! How did you feel after the Cleanse?
I love seeing new recipes to try. I was wondering if you could substitute almond flour or something else in place of the oats? For some reason, oats seem to upset my stomach.
Thank you for everything you do.
Almond flour would work, for sure.
I am going to try quinoa flakes instead of oats.
It sounds so delicious and sure appreciate your recipes, but I wish the picture of the Lava Bites wasn’t covered up by the black sign so I could actually see how it looks and get a clearer understanding and appreciation for the outcome. I notice this sign on other recipe pictures too. I sure wish that sign wasn’t there. I sometimes don’t make your other recipes for this same reason, not sure what they look like. For me it is like buying a recipe book with no pictures or pictures that hardly show anything. Thank you for listening. The recipes that I do prepare are good though and I appreciate them and you.
I’ll definitely take this feedback on board. Thank you so much!