Creamy Alfredo Sauce: Alkaline, Keto, Energizing, Anti-Inflammatory & Versatile!
This sauce, similar to my alkaline, keto, vegan ‘Cesar’ is such a good one to have in your armory.
It is quick and easy to make, and it makes almost every dish, no matter how simple, rich, and delicious.
The dish takes just ten minutes, and very little effort and can be used in dozens of ways. You’ve got to give this one a try!
New Recipe: Creamy Alkaline Alfredo Sauce
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- ½ onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 3 cups (12 ounces) chopped cauliflower
- 1 cup vegetable stock or coconut milk (the milk alternative type, not canned) or almond milk
- Juice of 1/4 lemon
- 1-2 teaspoons Himalayan salt & black pepper
- Start by gently sauteing the onion in the coconut oil in a large pan.
- Stir gently and cook for 3 minutes before adding the garlic, cauliflower, and stock/milk and cook for a further 5-6 minutes
- Now transfer everything to a high speed blender and add the salt & pepper to taste, and lemon and blend until smooth.
You can use this with:
- A simple gluten-free pasta
- On top of veggies (works really well with steamed broccoli as a side)
- On top of any salad
It’s a real winner, lovely warm or cooled, and will keep in the fridge for 72 hours.