Eating an abundance of green foods every day can do wonderful things for your energy, your health, your skin, weight and protect you from a myriad of degenerative conditions.
But so few people do!
In the UK, studies show that 86% of all men and women consume less than the recommended 5-a-day, with 62% consuming less than THREE-a-day…and bear in mind this includes FRUIT!
And this study has estimated that not eating enough vegetables could have accounted for over 2.6 million deaths worldwide in just one year!
Here’s How to Make It Easy to Get Enough Greens for Abundant Health…
I’m a big believer in Pareto’s principle (the 80/20 rule).
When it comes to your energy and your health, it is so much more exciting, motivating and fun to work out the 20% of actions that will get you 80% of your goal.
Think of your biggest health goal right now…
Then imagine being 80% of the way there…
Feels good right?
You can get that by doing just 20% of the stuff that it takes to get there!
The Most Important 20% is Often the Easiest…
Sometimes it can be SO easy to do those little actions that have the power of the 80%.
They get the ball rolling, start getting you results, get your motivation up, get the habits forming, get the momentum going in the right direction.
In short, and this is an abridged version of my whole teaching philosophy – if you start with a few powerful, but easy actions and get results (the 20%) then the positivity that will come from this will make getting the other 80% of things into your life a breeze.
So When it Comes to Greens Are You Getting Enough?
How many serves of vegetables are you eating per day?
And how many of those are greens?
Remember from my ‘Powerhouse Fruits & Vegetables’ guide – the research that showed that the top 15 Most Powerhouse Fruits and Vegetables are ALL leafy green (alkaline) foods?
Getting greens is essential to amazing energy and vitality.
And this study in the British Medical Journal showed that by just increasing greens per day by 1.15 serves has a significant reduction in the risk of Type 2 Diabetes! Just 1.15 serves!
Getting more greens is the top of the 80/20, the first 1% of the 20%…
So let’s find an easy way to get more every day.
We’re not talking masses, let’s just start with 1.15 serves per day and build it up from there!
How to Get Those Extra Serves of Leafy Greens…The Easy Way!
I recommend that the ideal is seven serves of greens daily for incredible, wonderful health and energy…but this article today is all about just getting started.
Seven Ways to Get That Extra 1.15 Serves of Greens Per Day
- Have a Side Salad with Dinner or Lunch: we’re just talking a handful of spinach, dressed with lemon and olive oil and a little S&P. As simple as that – and this would actually be more like 2 serves!
- Shave a Head of Broccoli into Dinner: this hides the greens in your food, without you noticing or tasting it. I know it’s not leafy, but it’s a powerhouse food!
- Wilt Spinach into Sauces: if you’re making a pasta sauce or a curry sauce, you can wilt a serve per person into it, again, without anyone really noticing! It’s a great way to sneak it in…
- Lettuce Instead of Wraps: this is a super-winner because it can replace a gluten-containing ingredient too – simply replace your wrap with a big lettuce leaf and wrap up your salad wrap in lettuce!
- Cook into Pasta: if you’re making a pasta dish (gluten free of course) simply throw in a serve of chopped greens such as spinach, kale or beet greens into the boiling water a minute before it’s finished. You wont even notice it’s there when you eat it!
- Juices & Smoothies: of course. Adding a green juice or smoothie to your daily diet can instantly increase your greens intake by up to as much as 6 or 7 serves in one single hit!
- Breakfast Scrambles: if you’re making a scramble for breakfast (I like to use tofu – I don’t eat a lot of soy but have it here and there) then scrambling spinach and kale into your scramble is a great way to get greens at breakfast
Here are a few recipes to get you started, but you will find so many more in my Alkaline Diet Recipe Book (volumes 1 and 2).
If you order at the moment you get both books for the price of one too.
Remember – baby steps, one day at a time…you don’t have to be perfect from day one, but if you did one of each of these seven ideas per day, you’d be getting extra greens every day of the week!
Do You Want to Turn Your Health Around in Just 7 Days?
If you love the look of this guide and the benefits it will bring, check out my book The Alkaline Reset Cleanse. It's a gentle, enjoyable seven-day Cleanse that will completely transform your health and life. Abundant energy, dramatic weight loss, digestion healed, inflammation gone...these are all results my students have experienced from doing their Alkaline Reset Cleanse...
Click here to order now and get over $120+ of extra alkaline training from me!
Real Results from the Alkaline Reset Cleanse Book: