A warm, nearly raw, satisfying meal just full of nutrition and flavour. It’s really well balanced, full of omega oils, phyto-nutrients and great quality protein. Best of all its really tasty!
Courgettes in chick-pea sauce
Serves 2 | Ready in 20 mins
* 120g quinoa or buckwheat
* 250ml yeast free organic vegetable stock
* 2 tablespoons olive oil
* 400g courgettes, sliced diagonally
* 1 large tomato
* 1 handful fresh coriander or parsley, ripped
* 2 tablespoons seeds
For the sauce:
* 400g chick-peas, drained and rinsed
* 1 garlic clove
* 1 tablespoon lemon juice
* ½ teaspoon chilli powder
* ½ teaspoon cumin powder
* 100g tofu
* Cook the quinoa in stock for 15mins.
* Put all the sauce ingredients in a blender and blitz until smooth.
* Put a small amount of water in a large frying pan and steam fry the courgettes for a few minutes.
* Add the sauce and warm through. Add the olive oil in just before serving.
* Divide the courgettes between two plates, top with chopped tomatoes and herbs.
* Add the quinoa and sprinkle the seeds over the top.