New Salad Recipe: Creamy Kale & Zoodle Salad with Pomegranate & Toasted Hazelnuts
Yee-haa, I love this recipe! So fresh, highly alkaline, nutrient-dense, delicious, so many textures…so many flavours!
It includes my Creamy Omega Dressing which is packed with goodness too, and can be used on practically ANY green, leafy salad or veggies to give an extra boost of omega 3 and creaminess.
With the kale, zucchini, hemp, tomato, celery, raw garlic, and more – there is no shortage of alkalinity, anti-inflammatory and antioxidant power in here (my Triple A).
Let’s get into it!
- 3 cups kale, chopped (about 335g)
- 2 cups zucchini (courgette), spiralized
- 1/4 cup hazelnuts
- 1/4 cup pomegranate seeds
- 2 tbsp hemp seeds
- 8-12 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 stalk celery, sliced
CREAMY OMEGA DRESSING:
- 1/3 cup hemp seeds (also known as hemp hearts)
- 1/2 cup filtered water
- Juice of one lemon
- 2 cloves garlic
- Pinch Himalayan salt and cracked black pepper
Start with the dressing, so you are giving it time for all the ingredients to infuse. It’s really simple – add the hemp seeds, most of the water, lemon juice, garlic, salt and pepper to your blender and blend – adding more water if needed
Next, prepare the toasted nuts. Roughly chop the hazelnuts and add to a pan on a low heat and allow to toast, stirring here and there and once they’re browned, remove from the heat.
- Add chopped kale and spiralized/noodled zucchini to a large bowl, with the tomatoes and celery.
- Pour over as much of the dressing as you like, and toss through, and then when you’re ready to serve, serve into bowls and top with the pomegranate, hemp seeds and hazelnuts.
Note on making zoodles/zucchini noodles:
These are most easily done using a purpose-built ‘spiralizer’ such as this.
If you don’t have one of these (I recommend getting one, they’re great), here’s a video that explains a few other methods.