Spicy Flax Seed & Herb Crackers
Requires a dehydrator. Makes two trays of crackers.
½ C sunflower seeds, soaked for 1 hour or more
½ C almonds, soaked for 2 hours or more
¼ C sun-dried tomatoes soaked for 1 hour or more
1 red bell pepper – chopped
¼ C lime juice
1 T cumin powder
Pinch chili powder or cayenne
1 T Himalayan or Celtic Sea salt (or to taste)
1 handful of fresh herbs, such as coriander, basil & parsley
1 C golden flaxseeds
1. Finely grind the flaxseeds in a blender.
2. Chop the sunflower seeds, almonds, and tomatoes in a food processor.
3. Add all the other ingredients to the food processor bowl (flax last), apart from the fresh herbs and process to combine well. Add small amounts of tomato soak water as you go, to keep the mixture turning.
4. Add fresh herbs. Pulse and chop to incorporate.
5. Spread mixture thinly onto 2 silicone rubber mats or teflex sheets.
6. Place sheets on a dehydrator tray and de-hydrate at 46°C (115°F) for 2-3 hours.
7. Flip the sheets over and peel away the liners. Break or cut into pieces. De-hydrate for a further 10 hours at the same temperature.
8. Once at the “right” texture place in an air-tight container and store for up to 1 week – 10 days.