One Life Live Resources: Goalsetting

goals

So, One Life is all but over – but again Energise is on hand to help you to keep the momentum going! We have had great fun at the event and really enjoyed meeting so many new people!

Everyone seemed to be really inspired by the event and so we have created a great new goalsetting workshop which takes you through the stages of creating your vision, setting your goals and developing a plan to make them a reality.

The reason why the resource is focussed on goalsetting is that the event was aimed at people who want to make a change in their life, whatever that may be! So while it would have been good to have developed a resource on, say, setting up your own business, this would have meant it would have only been useful to a set number of people. By developing a tool that can be used by anyone whatever their ambitions might be we have made something that is useful (hopefully!) to the masses.

The inspiration behind it, and one of the reasons that I am most fascinated by goalsetting is the now-famous Harvard study of 1979:

The following research study highlights this incredibly effectively and has been featured in the book ‘What They Don’t Reach You in the Harvard Business School’ by Mark McCormack.

The study was conducted on a group of students who graduated from the Harvard MBA program in 1979. The researchers asked each of the students the following question:

‘Have you set clear, written goals for your future and made plans to accomplish them?’

The researchers were startled to find that of these graduates only 3% had written specific goals and plans, 13% had goals (but not in writing) which left a massive 84% without any goals for the future.

However, the most amazing discovery came ten years later when the same students were interviewed again. The study found that the 13% who had unwritten goals were earning twice as much as the 84% who had no goals – BUT the 3% with clear, written goals were earning, on average, ten times more than the other 97% combined! It is time we set some goals!

Are you ready to become one of the 3% who do? Click here for the Energise goalsetting resources.

Here are some other really useful resources on goalsetting:

MindTools Goalsetting

Goals 2 Go Blog

Success 77

Ask Me a Question or Leave a Comment Here - I'd Love to Hear from You

*

«