Itchy, irritating, uncomfortable, embarrassing and yet so easily prevented and so easily cured. Yeast infections can happen to anyone and everyone and it happens to 75% of us!
Your first thought might be to run to the chemist and take the liver-battering, blood-cell-killing, healthy-flora-stripping drugs to get rid of the yeast, but these drugs only mask the problem, they don’t make it go away for good, it will always come back.
But what if I told you there was a surefire, guaranteed way to not only get rid of the yeast infection now, but also to ensure that it never comes back? Sound interesting?
I know it is true and I know that this works because not only have I seen it work with people I have lived with, but there are also many people on the Alkaline Diet Course who did have yeast infections and have now reported that it has totally cleared up. There also seems to be an unquestionable correlation between a high yeast/sugar diet and symptoms of yeast infections. So yes, I am convinced that there is a natural, easy and extremely effective way to get rid of yeast infections now and forever.
And while yeast infections can stop at irritating, it is important to remember that yeast infection symptoms can also include depression, fatigue, headaches, irritability, muscle pain, skin rash, respiratory, urinary problems, digestive disorders, hypoglycemia, hyperactivity, impotence, memory loss, learning difficulties, menstrual problems, premenstrual syndrome and more.
But before we get onto the solution, lets first take a look at the causes:
Where Do Yeast Infections Come From?
From my research and experience, there are three principle causes of yeast infection that can account for about 80% of cases:
- DIET & LIFESTYLE: a diet high in sugar and yeast, itself, will lead to an overgrowth of yeast in our blood and other cells. When we consume sugar it wreaks havoc on our body. It rapidly acidifies our system and ferments in the blood to turn into yeast/bacteria. Just think now about how much sugar is in the modern Western diet: chocolate, cola, in our tea & coffee, sweets, ice cream, cordial, fruit juice, biscuits, snacks etc. Plus, that is not to mention how much is hidden in refined foods such as breakfast cereals, microwave meals, sandwiches etc.
And this is just the sugar, what about the yeast itself?! We consume so much of it in bread, pasta, alcohol, cakes, sweets, biscuits etc.
But this raw consumption of sugar and yeast is only half of the problem. When we consume other unhealthy (acidic) foods such as saturated fats, animal products, dairy, coffee, tea, crisps, chips, refined salts, condiments, pizza etc. we create an environment in which yeast infections will thrive.
The image below demonstrates this more effectively than I can with words – basically, the problem is that when we consume acids (the bad foods listed above) our blood is seriously compromised, the sugars ferment and bacteria (yeast and mold) get a foothold, multiply and feed off their own waste (which further compounds the problem).
By cutting back on (or cutting out) these sugars, yeasts and other nasties we effectively cut off the supply.
- WEAK IMMUNE SYSTEM: when our immune system is weak, fungus can run riot. According to the famous Italian Oncologist, Dr Tullio Simoncini, fungus is the most powerful and most organised micro-organism known to man – and it literally seeks out our weaknesses. When we are tired, run down and stressed and we throw an unhealthy/acid diet on top of this we get ill, our immune systems get a battering and yeast thrives.
- ANTIBIOTICS: antibiotics are the next leading cause of yeast infections. Antibiotics strip the body of good bacteria and this allows bacteria/yeast to proliferate. Antibiotics (and other drugs) also overstress the liver and the digestive system, contributing to the creation of an over-acid environment (as described above) which further compounds the problem.
This is a great example of one of the problems with modern, lazy medicine. We quickly prescribe a drug to mask one problem, while simultaneously creating another. Antibiotics are prescribed at the drop of a hat, and in this example, let’s say it is for a throat infection. We take the antibiotics to kill the bacteria in your throat, but these antibiotics also then kill the good bacteria in your gut and digestive system. From here it is really easy for the yeast to take over and infection occurs.
When you have got a strong, healthy internal environment I can almost promise you that not only are you very unlikely to develop an illness that requires antibiotics – BUT your body will not be any where near susceptible to the yeast taking over.
There is a connection between these three reasons. So let’s look at the solution:
How To Get Rid of Yeast Infections & Keep Them Away FOREVER
As the flip-side of the three most common causes, here are my three, simple & straightforward steps to getting rid of yeast now and stopping any future yeast infection:
- ENJOY A DIET RICH IN ALKALINE FOODS: the single, biggest piece of advice I can give you is to put fresh, alkaline-forming foods at the centre of your diet. These foods include:
- Red Cabbage
- Pumpkin Seeds
- Good Fats (omega 3, 6 & 9)
- Oily, Fresh Fish
- Green Beans
- Grasses (wheatgrass, barley grass, kamut etc.)
Think of big salads, fresh steamed vegetables, fresh juices, stir frys, soups – lots of green, lots of fresh. A diet that is nutrient-dense, high water content and full of essential vitamins, minerals, fats, antioxidants and fibre is cleansing, yeast-free, sugar-free, blood building and blood cleansing. Your immune system is pumped, your digestive system is clean and clear and full of good bacteria and there is just no chance for fungus/bacteria/yeast/mold to get a foothold. Yeast simply cannot survive in a healthy, alkaline environment.
- CUT OUT ACID FOODS: Eating alkaline is only half the story. To really get rid of yeast and yeast infections permanently you need to cut off the supply. First and foremost this means cutting out sugar – in all its forms: sucrose, corn fructose, maltose, lactose, glycogen, glucose, mannitol, sorbitol, galactose, monosaccharides and polysaccharides, maple syrup, molasses, fruit (for more info see here) and anything else sweet and sugary.
As mentioned above, when we eat sugar it wreaks havoc on the body, rapidly ferments into yeast and starts to cause problems with our blood, cells, tissues, organs and digestive system.
We also want to eliminate, unsurprisingly, YEASTS! This includes bread, pasta, cookies, cakes, alcohol, Marmite/Vegemite, anything fermented (soya sauce, miso etc), mushrooms and anything else baked and yeasty.
And because an acidic environment promotes and supports the rapid growth of yeast (and other fungus/mold/bacteria etc) we should try to eliminate other highly acidic foods from our diet too – these include harmful, trans fats, meat, dairy, eggs, chips, pizza, crisps, biscuits, tobacco, drugs etc. All the things you know are not good for you!
The important thing to note here is this:
- Eating sugar contributes to yeast infection because: sugar ferments into yeast in the blood, gut, digestive system etc.
- Eating yeast contributes to yeast infections because: it is yeast!
- Eating other acidic foods contribute to yeast infections because: eating acids promotes the perfect environment for yeast infection to spread rapidly. When we eat acids we create an environment flooded with bacteria, fungus, mycotoxins, endotoxins and more. Acids (yeast) thrive in acids.
- LIMIT OTC DRUGS AND MEDICATIONS: I completely understand that there are times when drugs and medications are totally necessary. Of course. I am not a crazy man! BUT there are many times when they are not totally necessary – and taking antibiotics, antihistamines, painkillers, cold, cough and flu tablets etc. are not only incredibly stressful to the liver, kidneys and entire digestive system but they also massively promote yeast overgrowth. Antibiotics in particular completely strip the digestive system of good bacteria which makes it perfect for yeast to get a foothold.
I used to be the kind of guy who would happily take something for anything to make it go away (especially if the doctor told me!) but since I’ve been learning about health I have become extremely particular about how and when I use medications.
*Of course, as ever – I advise you to do whatever your healthcare practitioner tells you to do.
There seems to be a theme here and it all comes back to diet and giving your body the tools it needs to cleanse and look after itself while not throwing fuel on the fire by consuming the bad stuff.
Natural Products To Help Get Rid of Yeast
If you want to speed this process and keep the yeast away in the long term then there are a few products that I really highly recommend. These products are great in that they are not just anti-yeast – they have a whole heap of benefits:
pH Ion’s D-Tox is, quite simply, my favourite product. An amazing combination of nutrients, herbs, amino acids and alkaline ingredients give D-Tox a 4-pronged action. Remarkably, the 4 different blends in D-Tox give it: a Myco-Detox blend, a Liver-Detox blend, a Lymph-Detox blend and a Kidney-Detox blend. It eliminates yeast, fungi, and bacteria, mycotoxins, endotoxins, and exotoxins and naturally boosts your alkalinity while detoxifying the liver, lymph and kidneys. Click here for more info.
Silvagen (and colloidal silver in general) is fantastic. It is an extremely safe and 100% natural anti-fungal agent. It has no side effects and does not affect the beneficial bowel bacteria like antibiotics do. Click here for more info.
Udo’s Choice Super 8 Probiotics is a powerful, therapeutic blend of 8 different types of friendly bacteria that promotes proper digestion, enhances the immune system and fights and prevents yeast and fungal infections. Click here for more info.
I absolutely believe that yeast infections can be controlled, removed and prevented in the future by following these simple guidelines. As I mentioned, I’ve seen it work with those around me and the feedback I get from those on the Alkaline Diet Course tells me it is working for many others from all walks of life too.
Of course, the general feedback of wearing loose, cotton clothing and keeping clean and moisture-free still stands, but with a few dietary changes I believe that you can cut off the supply, boost your immune system and provide your body with the tools it needs to stay clean, clear, healthy and full of energy.
I’d love to hear your thoughts and opinions and experiences with this – let me know in the comments below and have a great day.
[UPDATE] – just came across this note from Dr Young in his blog Articles of Health:
On the lie that taking antibiotics will kill bacteria:
This is medical subgerfuge and distortion as even the medical community realizes that antibiotics don’t do what they are supposed to do. We say with alarm that disease is becoming resistant to antibiotics. They are not “resistant” because they have never been operative or effective. Antibiotics are the acidic waste products of fermentation. To make an antibiotic, you need a yeast or mold and some sugar for the yeast or mold to ferment. The bi-product of the yeast or mold fermenting the sugar is the acidic antibiotic. The acids from antibiotics DO NOT KILL BACTERIA. They only force the bacteria to change. Into what does bacteria change? Into yeast and mold. That is why when you take antibiotics you end up with a yeast infection! That’s the antibiotic causing the bacteria to change from one form to another. I call this process of change “biological transformation” and the reason why you should NEVER take antibiotics. Try the COWS Plan. It is safer and more effective.