I recently asked a few of my email subscribers what they thought the answer was to the following question:
What is the most POWERFUL thing you can do to get alkaline
The answers were good, but nobody nailed it.
– drink more alkaline water
– exercise more often
– have a green drink
– make fresh juice every day
– take wheatgrass
…all good answers. But none of them quite there. Some of them ALMOST there, and touching on it, but the real answer is very specific and very explicit.
Here it is…
The Most Powerful Thing You Can Do to GET ALKALINE Is…
The answer is simple and it may surprise you a little with it’s simplicity. But the fact is – NOBODY is teaching this. Nobody is focusing on this so specifically. Nobody is telling you how important this one simple thing is!
And the answer is:
To eat 5-7 serves of GREEN FOODS every day
There – it’s as simple as that. Sure, lots of people are saying – eat veggies, eat healthy, eat salads.
But following this broad and general advice means that even people who are considered to be ‘healthy’ are still only getting two, or a maximum of three serves of green foods every day.
I Promise You – Having 7 Serves of Alkaline Greens Per Day Will Change Your LIFE!
This ONE simple change will change your life forever.
How Many Serves of Greens Did You Get This Week?
Have a think for a few minutes, how many greens are you currently getting? How many serves did you have yesterday? Or the day before?
For most people it will be only one or two serves.
But this is GOOD news – it means you’re going to be feeling AWESOME when you implement my tips!
How to Get Alkaline and Go Green
Going green is so important because it gets a huge amount of chlorophyll into your body. I recommend reading my Health Benefits of Liquid Chlorophyll article in full, but to give you a short version:
Chlorophyll has the power to regenerate our bodies at the molecular and cellular level and is known to help cleanse the body, fight infection, help heal wounds, and promote the health of the circulatory, digestive, immune, and detoxification systems. Chlorophyll consumption increases the number of red blood cells and, therefore, increase oxygen utilization by the body. Chlorophyll also reduces the binding of carcinogens to DNA in the liver and other organs. It also breaks down calcium oxalate stones for elimination, which are created by the body for the purpose of neutralizing and disposing of excess acid.
So getting a big injection of chlorophyll into your diet is hugely important!
As per point 2 above – you have to focus on the small, simple stuff that has the most impact and in my opinion, getting green foods in is the single most powerful thing you can do to dramatically change your health, energy and vitality. You have to get greens in and while this may seem daunting – here are a few suggestions to make it a LOT easier and less intimidating:
- Have a salad with every meal: carry on eating what you’d normally have eaten, but just add a side salad (no unhealthy dressings though!). This TOTALLY takes the pressure off but the cumulative effect of having several salads a day will have a big impact.
- Disguise green foods: you can shave broccoli heads with a knife over foods or into pasta sauce giving you heaps of broccoli, but you can’t see, taste or smell it. OR wilt spinach down with a little butter, salt and pepper – this gives you a HUGE amount of spinach in just a couple of mouthfuls. OR make pasta sauce by blending tomatoes with steamed pumpkin, broccoli, spinach, watercress etc. When it’s all blended down it still tastes very rich and tomato-ey, but you’ve got a heap of green foods in there too!
- Get into Sprouts: sounds weird but it’s SO worth it – sprouts are sprouted seeds of plants such as broccoli which, when harvested at the sprout stage, contain all (or more) of the nutritional content of the fully grown plant – this means you can easily eat one handful and get a HUGE hit of nutrients. I’ve blogged heaps about sprouts (and have a guide coming) so click here to read all about sprouts.
Making sure you up your green food consumption from 0-1 times per day to 5-7 times per day is easy and it will blow your mind the difference it makes. Your body will thank you, I can absolutely assure you.