This is a warm, hearty, alkaline, anti-inflammatory side dish – that tastes out of this world.
This is one of those recipes that you make once, and then it becomes one of your staples – one of those star dishes you have all of the time, and that’s always on standby.
The combination of the gently roasted cauliflower softening, with the coconut oil and the subtlety of the turmeric brings out an almost sweetness to this dish.
Works brilliantly as a warm dish in winter OR chilled in summer (and can even be served with some unsweetened coconut yoghurt and pomegranate seeds to make it a salad in it’s own right) – it’s great all year ’round.
And you know that the combination of the coconut oil, cauliflower and turmeric is making this dish about as alkaline-forming, anti-inflammatory and antioxidant-rich as it comes. It’s a brilliantly healthy meal.
Turmeric Roasted Cauliflower with Mint & Coriander
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons ground turmeric (preferably organic)
- 1 large cauliflower, broken down into bitesized florets
- 1/4 cup pine nuts
- 2 tablespoons coriander/cilantro, chopped roughly
- 1 tablespoon mint, chopped roughly
- Himalayan salt to taste
- Preheat the oven to 425°/220°
- Now it's time to get your hands dirty, so, in a large bowl, combine the coconut oil, cumin, turmeric, 1/2 teaspoon of salt and mix together with your hands (to warm the oil and properly combine everything)
- Next, add in the cauliflower florets and mix it all through so everything gets covered and oily
- Spread the cauliflower out onto a large baking tray and put into the preheated oven for around 15-20 minutes until the cauliflower softens and just starts to brown
- And while this is cooking, chuck the pine nuts onto a little baking tray and put into the oven too for about a minute to toast them slightly.
- To serve, transfer the cauliflower to a large serving bowl and sprinkle with the pine nuts, coriander/cilantro and mint and serve.
- Optional, mix the coriander/cilantro and mint into some unsweetened coconut yoghurt and serve this as a side to the cauliflower.
I hope you love this – it’s certainly one of my favourites right now!
P.S. Take a look at the Alkaline Recipe System. With hundreds of easy-to-prepare Alkaline recipes PLUS 7 goal-based meal plans each with itemized shopping lists (for goals including weight loss, more energy, better digestion, clearer skin and more) – it makes reaching your health goals SO easy!
+ Make sure to sign up for our free newsletter to get our latest alkaline recipes delivered weekly (it’s free).
Do You Want to Turn Your Health Around in Just 7 Days?
If you love the look of this guide and the benefits it will bring, check out my book The Alkaline Reset Cleanse. It's a gentle, enjoyable seven-day Cleanse that will completely transform your health and life. Abundant energy, dramatic weight loss, digestion healed, inflammation gone...these are all results my students have experienced from doing their Alkaline Reset Cleanse...
Click here to order now and get over $120+ of extra alkaline training from me!
Real Results from the Alkaline Reset Cleanse Book: