2-Ingredient Flax Flatbreads
This is one incredible, lifesaving, timesaving, game-changing recipe. One of the biggest requests I get from people is for a wrap recipe that is alkaline and gluten-free, and this one is both SO easy and so simple.
I love flatbreads and wraps because they can be the container of so much goodness, but these wraps are also an amazing source of goodness themselves!
The benefits of flax include:
- Flax is high in fiber which helps to regulate digestion
- Flax is a great source of omega-3 fatty acids, which are anti-inflammatory, alkaline, and absolutely ESSENTIAL for great energy and health.
- Flax can help to lower cholesterol levels
- Flax may also help to prevent cancer
Easy Alkaline Flatbreads
Makes Approx 5
- 1 cup of flax seeds
- 1 cup of water
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp of seasoning such as garlic powder, cumin seeds, etc.
1) Process flax seeds in a food processor until they resemble a flour
2) Boil the water and remove it from the heat once boiling. Add the flax flour and stir until it forms a dough (around 2 minutes) – adjust with a little more flax, or water if its too wet or dry.
3) Put the dough between two pieces of baking paper and roll it out using a rolling pin until it’s 2mm thick. Cut into 4-5 circular wraps.
4) Warm a pan on high heat and cook each wrap for 1-2 minutes on each side and then remove and allow to cool.
5) Fill with your fave alkaline salad ingredients and enjoy!