Super-Delicious, Alkaline, Immune Boosting Vegetables Soup Recipe
Eating the right foods is vitally important for our health & energy.
We need to support our body by giving it all of the tools and nutrients it needs – and when we do this, we thrive
This soup recipe is an incredible help – full of immune-boosting vegetables, it provides the body with an abundance of the nutrients it needs to repair, replenish and fortify our immunity.
Our immune system is, of course, critical to our proper health.
Your immune system doesn’t just preventing sickness and stop outsiders getting in. Your immune system is also important in preventing allergies, auto-immune conditions and immunodeficiency disorders.
The immune system consists of three lines of defence:
- Keep the Invaders Out! Through our skin, mucous membranes etc the first job is to stop the invaders from getting into our body in the first place!
- Defend Against Pathogens That Made It Through: this is where we have responses such as inflammation, fevers etc.
- When Specific Pathogens Could Cause Disease DO Get In: it produces antibodies against bacteria or viruses that arise from the outside nasties getting in!
It’s a complex system and we need to nourish it and look after it!
See Also: Natural Immune-Boosting Tea Recipe
And we can easily do this by consuming nourishing, immune-boosting vegetables – and this soup recipe is a BIG help!
The Alkaline Immune Boosting Vegetables Soup
1 brown onion, sliced roughly
2 cloves of garlic, chopped roughly
2 carrots, sliced
1/4 head of cauliflower
1/4 head of broccoli
1/4 head of cabbage (any green variety)
200ml vegetable stock
1 can of organic chopped tomatoes (or 8 fresh tomatoes)
Himalayan Pink Salt & Black pepper to taste
1/2 inch of ginger root (or 1tsp dried)
1/2 inch of turmeric root (or 1tsp dried)
1 handful spinach
1/2 bunch of basil
1/4 bunch of coriander
1/2 tin of chickpeas (garbanzos)
- Start by gently frying the onions and garlic in a little coconut oil. After 3 minutes, throw in the carrots, cauliflower, broccoli, cabbage and allow to cook for another 3 minutes
- Now add the stock and tomatoes/can of tomatoes – allow to simmer for 20-25 minutes until the vegetables are softened a little.
- In the meantime, roughly chop the raw foods and put into a blender and blend until smooth
- When the soup has simmered for 20 minutes transfer it in batches (as much as your blender will hold) and blend it all together until smooth with the raw blended mixture too.
- It may take a couple of batches into the blender, but you want to end up with a smooth soup. Serve with a sprig of coriander or basil and enjoy warm!