This week, the beautifully named ‘colon week’ I’m bringing you a high-fibre recipe to help cleanse your body – but it is also a delicious, delicious meal! Plus, as ever (due to the fact that I make it myself) it is really simple and quick – just the way I like my recipes to be!
Quinoa with Tomatoes, Basil and Lentils
- 350ml of fresh vegetable juice (tomato, cucumber, spinach etc – OR you can use V8 or a shop bought veggie juice in this instance)
- 350ml of alkaline/filtered water
- 3 cloves of garlic finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon of olive/avocado oil or Udo’s Choice
- 220g of lentils (tinned or prepared yourself from dried)
- 3 large tomatoes
- A big handful of basil leaves, torn or chopped
- 200g of uncooked quinoa
- A pinch of Himalayan salt (or sea salt)
- A pinch of freshly ground black pepper
This is really easy. Firstly steam fry the garlic in a little water until it is softened, just a minute will do. Then stir in the veggie juice, lentils, water, salt and pepper. Bring this to a simmer to cook the lentils through. Remove from the heat.
Now you can simply chuck in the lentils, tomatoes and basil – cover it up and let it simmer for ten mins until the quinoa is cooked through.
Lastly, remove the cover and fluff up the quinoa with a fork and you’re ready to go!
Works awesomely as a side or as a main with a large salad.