Raw & Alkaline Dinner: Zucchini Noodles with Fresh Bruschetta Topping
What a deliciously quick, alkaline, and nourishing meal! We LOVE to have this because it is SO packed with flavor, the kids love the zoodles (noodles made from raw zucchini) and it’s incredibly alkaline-forming.
It takes just minutes to make, and very minimal mess. For a rundown on how to make the zoodles, see below the recipe.
Alkaline Recipe: Raw Zoodles with Fresh Bruschetta Topping
- 6-7 medium tomatoes (as ripe as possible!)
- ½ cup finely chopped red onion (about ½ medium)
- ½ cup chopped fresh basil (about ¾ ounce)
- 2 cloves garlic, pressed or minced
- 5 tbsp organic extra-virgin olive oil
- Himalayan salt, to taste
- 2 medium-to-large zucchini
- Start by preparing the zucchini noodles – methods described below. Once they’ve been made, sprinkle with salt and wrap in kitchen paper to draw out some of the moisture.
- Now prepare the bruschetta topping by chopping the tomatoes finely, ripping or chopping the basil, finely dicing the onion, crushing the garlic and putting it all into a bowl
- Drizzle olive oil generously over the mix and gently toss, before seasoning to your taste
- Now you’re ready to serve! Place the zoodles into your bowl and top with the bruschetta mix! It’s that easy!
How to Make Zoodles
Option One – the easiest: using a spiralizer! Simply run the zucchini through a spiralizer for delicious zucchini spaghetti style!
Option Two – in case you don’t have a spiralizer! Using a vegetable peeler, slice the zucchini into long strips/ribbons. Stack them up, and then using a sharp knife slice them thinly to make noodles.
See more here: