Do you suffer from sinusitis or blocked sinuses? Have you got a cold or flu? Feeling that pain behind your eyes, cheekbones or teeth? Got that sinus headache?
If so, you’re going to LOVE this simple tonic. The combination of ingredients will clear the blockages, thin and eliminate the mucous and help dramatically reduce infection.
Remember – sinusitis is a result of a vicious circle: inflammation causes the pain and mucous is produced as a response to this, but the production of mucous triggers more inflammation!
This tonic hits the mucous and the inflammation and helps clear the pathways and relieve the pressure.
Sinus Soothing Tonic
- 1 litre (34fl oz) of filtered water (pref. alkaline)
- 1 lemon (pref organic, if not washed thoroughly)
- 2 tsp fresh thyme leaves and stalk
- 2 tsp fresh sage leaves
- 2cm fresh ginger root
- Optional 1cm turmeric root
- In a pan, bring the water to a boil and then turn it down to a gentle simmer
- Grate the peel from the lemon and add to the water, and then juice in the juice of the whole lemon
- Next grate the ginger into the pot and finely chop and add the turmeric (if using)
- Finally add the sage and thyme leaves
- Simmer for five minutes and then allow to cool a little, strain and serve
- If you do need to sweeten, I would use a very small amount of stevia. While honey is anti-bacterial, it is also acid forming (the combo of glucose and fructose is not great and the pH of honey is 4 or below) - and the response to acid forming foods? Mucous and inflammation!